Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Only Taking What i Need.

I've always loved the highway, always loved the road
but these miles are getting longer and i feel i'm growing old
I've traveled cross this country,I've wandered through my mind
my feet are moving forward but I'm falling way behind
just sitting on this parkbench i need some time to breathe
so let me rest my aching bones before you make me leave
it all unfolds before me, the horizon dim with haze
still trying to pay it forward, in hope of better days
take what you've been given ? i'm only taking what i need
gonna stash it in my pocket and try to fight the greed
sip that glass of whiskey, smoke from your old pipe,
but open up your window, bask in the morning light
that man down on the corner, he hustled my last dime
then he gave me back a nickel and things are feeling fine
i always race the future, through memories from the past
but once you're rolling forward there ain't no goin' back
with the winds of time upon us, best not watch the clock
hang onto that last nickel maybe put it beneath a rock
we have cities full of darkness killing forest full of trees
then ya bring me down with money, while telling me I'm free
but its springtime on the river,... time to cast a fly
to winters cold and darkness i bid it all goodbye...




No comments:

Post a Comment